Informed by current rhetorical theory and an organization that reflects a view of writing as a process, Strategies for Successful Writing provides the necessary strategies to help you produce effective post-secondary writing, regardless of your discipline.
Featuring a reader-friendly layout and tone, Strategies will engage you through a relaxed, conversational style that complements its practical, student-based approach to writing. Lively and appealing professional and student model essays allow you to observe and internalize the strategies of successful writing.
This popular text has been updated with 10 new readings, carefully streamlined content to reduce length, and updated MLA and APA documentation guidelines.
Table of Contents
Writing Strategies: A Writing Process
- Writing: An Overview
- Strategies for Active Reading
- Strategies for Planning and Drafting Your Writing
- Strategies for Global Revisions: Working with the Whole
- Strategies for Local Revisions: Paragraphs, Sentences, Diction, and Style
Writing Strategies: Rhetorical Approaches
- Strategies for Personal Writing: Narration
- Strategies for Using Illustration: Making Yourself Clear
- Strategies for Analytical Writing: Process Analysis
- Strategies for Analytical Writing: Cause and Effect
- Strategies for Analytical Writing: Definition
- Strategies for Finding Patterns: Composition
- Strategies for Finding Patterns: Classification
- Strategies for Convincing Others: Argument and Persuasion
- Strategies for Researching: Using Secondary Research
- Strategies for Researching: Using Primary Research
- Strategies for Documentation
--Personal Writing: Narration
--Analytical Writing: Process, Cause and Effect, and Definition
--Patterns: Comparison and Classification
--Convincing Others: Argument and Persuasion
--Editing to Correct Sentence Errors
--Editing to Correct Faulty Punctuation and Mechanics
--Glossary of Work Usage
CDN$92.95 | Free Ground Shipping.
MyLab and Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab and Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.