The best-selling Revel™ Social Gerontology: A Multidisciplinary Perspective presents the diversities of the aging experience — the interaction between the physiological, cognitive, emotional, interpersonal, social, and cultural forces on aging, as well as the heterogeneity of the older population in terms of age, race, class, gender, functional ability, and sexual orientation. The Tenth Edition explores new research connecting the relationship between older people and their environments, and its impact on their quality of life and overall well-being. The text also captures profound changes in societal views, and provides critical information about growing economic disparities among the older population.
Revel is Pearson’s newest way of delivering our respected content. Fully digital and highly engaging, Revel replaces the textbook and gives students everything they need for the course. Informed by extensive research on how people read, think, and learn, Revel is an interactive learning environment that enables students to read, practice, and study in one continuous experience — for less than the cost of a traditional textbook.
NOTE: Revel is a fully digital delivery of Pearson content. This ISBN is for the standalone Revel access card. In addition to this access card, you will need a course invite link, provided by your instructor, to register for and use Revel.
Table of Contents
2. Aging in Other Countries and Across Cultures in the United States
3. The Social Consequences of Physical Aging
4. Managing Chronic Diseases and Promoting Well-Being in Old Age
5. Cognitive Changes with Aging
6. Personality and Mental Health in Old Age
7. Love, Intimacy, and Sexuality in Old Age
8. Social Theories of Aging
9. The Importance of Social Supports
10. Opportunities and Challenges of Informal Caregiving
11. Living Arrangements and Social Interactions
12. Enhancing Older Adults' Lives Through Technology
13. Productive Aging
14. Death, Dying, Bereavement, and Widowhood
15. The Resilience of Elders of Color
16. The Resilience of Older Women
17. Social Policies to Address Social Problems
18. Health and Long-Term Care Policy and Programs
Enhance your learning experience with text-specific study materials.
CDN$75.00 | Buy Access