For courses in criminology.
A thorough, student-¿friendly introduction to criminology
With a hallmark theme of social problems versus individual responsibility, Criminology Today: An Integrative Introduction prompts students to think critically about the causes of crime and the link between crime theories and policies. Real-life stories and up-to-date issues and examples bring to life both historical and modern criminological approaches. The 9th edition provides more coverage of terrorism and cyberterrorism, including an overview of the many types of terrorist groups and the findings and recommendations of special committees and government bodies.
Criminology Today: An Integrative Introduction, 9th Edition, is also available via Revel™, an interactive learning environment that enables students to read, practice, and study in one continuous experience.
Table of Contents
PART 1: CRIME AND CRIMINOLOGY
1. What Is Criminology—Understanding Crime and Criminals
2. Where Do Theories Come From?—From Idea to Evidence
PART 2: CRIME CAUSATION
3. Classical and Neoclassical Thought—Choice or Consequences
4. Early Biological Perspectives on Criminal Behavior—It’s What We Are
5. Biosocial and Other Contemporary Perspectives—Interaction Is Key
6. Psychological and Psychiatric Foundations of Criminal Behavior—It’s How We Think
PART 3: CRIME CAUSATION REVISITED
7. Social Structure Theories—It’s How We Live
8. Theories of Social Process and Social Development—It’s What We Learn
9. Social Conflict Theories—It’s How We Relate
PART 4: THE CRIME PICTURE
10. Criminal Victimization—It’s Personal
11. Crimes Against Persons—It’s What We Fear
12. Crimes Against Property—It’s What We Lose
13. White-Collar and Organized Crime—Crime As a Job
14. Drug and Sex Crimes—Recreational Offenses
15. Technology and Crime—It’s a Double-Edged Sword
16. Globalization and Terrorism—Our Small World
Epilogue: Future Directions—It’s What’s To Come
These online resources are available at no cost.
Student Resource Website for Criminology Today: An Integrative Introduction, 9th Edition
Loose Leaf Version ?
Books a la Carte are less-expensive, loose-leaf versions of the same textbook.
CDN$174.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-487082-3