Children: A Chronological Approach with MyDevelopmentLab, 3rd Canadian edition is an effective textbook for college students studying child development from a chronological approach. Targeted towards students new to the discipline, the organization and structure help students easily understand the evolution of child development without overwhelming them. Consistent in its presentation, it provides students with a book written in an accessible style that they more apt to read. The text is coupled with excellent and useful supplements further enhancing the learning experience. The terminology of the text is very appropriate for a college student.
The third edition contains more Canadian content that is dispersed throughout the text. Also, a new chapter-opening mini vignette traces the development of a child, Sophie, as she grows up to highlight the major developmental stages and themes.
Table of Contents
1. Child Development: Theories and Themes
2. Research in Child Development
3. Genetic Bases of Child Development
4. Prenatal Development and Birth
5. Physical Development in Infants and Toddlers
6. Cognition in Infants and Toddlers
7. Social and Emotional Development in Infants and Toddlers
8. Physical Growth in Preschool Children
9. Cognitive Development in Preschool Children
10. Social and Emotional Development in Preschool Children
11. Physical Development in Middle Childhood
12. Cognitive Development in Middle Childhood
13. Social and Emotional Development in Middle Childhood
14. Physical Growth in Adolescents
15. Cognitive Processes in Adolescents
16. Social and Emotional Development in Adolescents
This publication is not currently for sale.
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
MyLab & Mastering ?
MyLab & Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab & Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
CDN$55.00 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-218300-0